May 27, 2017
Great things are happening for Abaco, and DRG Development wants to make sure you have the latest information. With the excitement of having Bob Shallow leading our sales team, we can report that we continue to accept reservations and look forward to beginning construction soon. Melanie Martin, our interior designer, has put together beautiful options for design packages and Henry Norris, our architect, is developing the Construction Documents. Local improvements are well underway, and Abaco developers could not be happier for our residents that Gulf Shores is investing so much in our community.
Bob Shallow and the RE/MAX Paradise team, the exclusive marketing and sales team for Abaco, are delivering reservations and generating excitement in Gulf Shores! To date we have 43 reservations. We anticipate converting reservations to contracts this summer and beginning construction by late summer/early fall.
“Abaco is an outstanding development with a beautiful, modern design,” Shallow said. “We believe Abaco will really be a shining star in Gulf Shores.”
The city of Gulf Shores has been supportive of Abaco from the beginning, and Mayor Robert Craft is looking forward to seeing Abaco come to fruition.
“Abaco is probably the most upscale condo development we’ve seen in Gulf Shores yet,” he said. “We love the design, and the elements of it are quite desirable in this area. We are excited to have something of this caliber here.”
Here are some key points to note for our reservation holders:
- Melanie Martin has 3 packages for finishes for tile, flooring and countertops. She is also offering luxury yet affordable furniture collections (2 packages in 4 color options). Samples are available for viewing at her showroom. Please click here for more information.
- Henry Norris is working on the Construction Documents and should have them completed toward the latter part of the summer. Please click here for more on his design.
- We expect to begin circulatiing Condominium Documents and converting Reservations to Purchase Agreements toward the latter part of the summer as we continue to get more reservations. We will start construction soon thereafter.
- DRG Development, Henry Norris and our contractor are working with sub-contractors and consultants toward final tweaks and pricing.
- We have completed soil borings for the structural engineer. He is currently designing the pile system and the structural components.
- Our on-site sales office is open and operating daily from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at 903 West Beach Boulevard Gulf Shores.
Gulf Shores News
One of the biggest ways to spot an up-and-coming area and get in before prices jump is to pay attention to when the government invests big sums of money in local improvements (not just repairs). When a city invests money into an area, others will follow. This is the case in Gulf Shores right now. The city has embarked on a $15,000,000 renovation at Gulf Place to improve parking, public beach access, and pedestrian access. Additionally, $135,000 is being spent on a new Master Plan for Gulf State Park to include a conference center, a 350- room lodge, a learning center and trail enhancements.
With all of this activity in Gulf Shores and prices starting at $750,000, Abaco buyers are in a great position to enjoy the best value for pre-construction condominiums along the Gulf Coast. Prices for other pre-construction developments on the Gulf Coast range from $1,155,000 to $3,195,000.
Gulf Place Revitalization Project
Site work has begun on the Gulf Place Project. Please read more here. We will continue to keep you up-to-date on progress.
The Gulf State Park Project
The Gulf State Park Project is on track and moving forward. Please see the detailed plan here.
Please be sure to visit our website regularly for constant updates about Abaco and all that is going on in the city of Gulf Shores! We will regularly publish updated renderings, videos and virtual tours as they become available. Our videos can be viewed on our home page here! You don’t want to miss the breathtaking view Abaco residents will enjoy!
Please do not hesitate to contact Bob Shallow with any questions you may have at 251-948-8888.